In 1959, Mr. Charles and Mrs. Lillian Wright opened City Glass and Aluminum Company in New Albany and
began to provide glass sales and installation services to this community along with aluminum canopies and
canvas awnings. Mr. Charles also offered a variety of other services to include fabrication and welding of
aluminum items. He was considered a master craftsman when fabrication using aluminum was involved.
They operated the business in several locations around the city including in a shop in their back yard in the
Pumpkin Center community for several years. In the mid 1970’s the business was relocated to the present
location at 111 McGill Street in New Albany.
In 1989, Mr. Charles sold the business to Gayle Campbell and he continued to operate it as City Glass and
Aluminum Company until 1992.
In 1992, Mr. Charles’s nephew, Donnie Wright purchased the business and re-named it Wright Glass and
Aluminum Company. Donnie along with his wife, Teresa, continued the tradition of quality craftsmanship
that Mr. Charles developed and operated the business until June of 2013 at which time the current
A special thanks goes out to Mr. Charles and Mrs. Lillian along with Gayle Campbell and Donnie and Teresa
Wright for having developed and continued the reputation of a quality glass and aluminum fabricator and